|Title:||Windows 8 Cloud Developer Camp
|Start:||10/1/2012 9:00:00 AM
|End:||10/1/2012 5:00:00 PM
"TO THE CLOUD!
Spend a day with your head in the cloud as you learn how to build applications that capitalize on the power of Windows Azure. We will show you how to sign up for FREE time in the cloud, and how to build a typical web application using the same ASP.NET tools and techniques you already use today. We will explore web roles, cloud storage, SQL Database, Mobile and more. At the end of this event, you will have the strong foundation of knowledge about the Windows Azure Cloud Platform you'll need to launch your applications into the cloud!
Our DevCamp sessions include: Introduction to Windows Azure Cloud Services, Introduction to Windows Azure Virtual machines, Building Windows Azure Cloud Services, and more. Since this will be a hands-on event you will need to bring with you a laptop pre-configured with the required tools and SDKs. We will have help onsite to get the right bits installed as well if you run into trouble. Lunch and prizes will also be provided.
The following equipment is REQUIRED for participation in the Hands-on Labs:
· A computer or laptop running at least Windows Vista SP2 or later (XP is NOT supported, Windows 7 or Windows 8 is recommended)
· Sign up for a FREE Windows Azure Trial Account at http://aka.ms/90DaysFree
· Visual Studio 2012: You can install either Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate or Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8. You can find links to download both tools at http://aka.ms/vsdownload
· One click install of Windows Azure SDK and required software using Web Platform Installer via http://aka.ms/ckazurenet
· The sample code and lab manuals can be found at http://github.com/WindowsAzure-TrainingKit. To reduce paper consumption and save a few trees, no printed versions will be made available at the event.
· Consider bringing your own power strip too, just in case :-)"
1000 Town Center Dr, Suite 1930
Southfield, MI, 48075
Add to Calendar